10-13-2016, 03:14 PM   #33
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
How can you infer any of that from these pictures?
Which part sorry ?
Let me try to explain what I meant, no intention of being wise guy here, just trying to clarify what I meant.

- Sticking out navigation screen is a big fail in my opinion, it cheapens the great looking interior otherwise and breaks the flow side to side.
- The part where console meets the dash is not seamless in both 7 and 5 series like it is in Mercedes, so that then breaks the flow top to bottom.
- E class console and gear selector both look more like a single unit and don't have several different levels of height for different pieces "meeting" together.
- Mercedes dashboard is completely redesigned from previous model (that takes guts to do, take a risk for what you believe is right thing to do, and maybe alienate current owners) and looks like it belongs in 2016/17 where BMW is mild evolution from the previous model and while I can appreciate "classic" look they were going for, it's looking a bit tired.
- The part I don't like about E-class is a square feel around gauges that extends too far into the dash, but like I said sticking out navigation screen takes that advantage from G30 for me.

Exterior design like I said, both are gorgeous looking vehicles, matter of preference. I like G30 a bit better as it looks more sporty to me, but I also think this E series looks fantastic.

I know all of this is highly subjective, we all like different things, and after all I ended up buying BMW for a reason. I'm also not a designer, so perhaps I have no idea what I'm talking about here, but that's my criticism, based on my personal taste - what I feel could be done better in G30.

Last edited by Bbb34; 10-13-2016 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 0