View Single Post
      10-17-2016, 06:10 AM   #10
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandiano View Post
Thanks for clearing that one up, really confusing.
I had a loan Volvo XC90 while the wife's car was in for repair, that had dynamic led's and they were amazing, another dimension from the high beam assistant.
I'm used to the xenons on my F11 and have noticed on newer BM's that the standard LED's look like normal reflectors with bright aftermarket bulbs rather than other companies small distinctive LEDs - presumably the performance is similar between both strategies ?
The Projector type is the far better system for most light output needs. The reflectors are better suited to very wide and long range performance. The 552 Full adaptive LED performs better than the current BMW Laserlicht.

In the mid-2000's, there have been several major and long lasting Patent Infringement suits filed because the ideal design for Projector LED systems reads almost identical to that of LED Televisions (numerous small high intensity light emitting diodes, arranged behind a lens to provide highly variable luminous output). Those were settled over the past two years and now the full potential of LED is possible.

Modular Construction methods using common components reduces the cost significantly. All the OEM's and lighting suppliers formed an alliance, so the tech doesn't vary much. I really like the MB presentation image just because it was very well played.

One thing that's going to come up very often will be the Decoding of Selective Beam for cars without 552. It's not due to milking income or anything. Both share the same KAFAS system and files, necessitating this to be disabled due to lack of hardware...worldwide
Attached Images

Last edited by lemetier; 10-17-2016 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 3