View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #61
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenw View Post
.....They are inflated to 2.1 bar. Definitely doesn't expand as much as air and when hot keeps the pressure within 0.1 bar of cold start pressure.
BMW have offered to facilitate a trial on another set of tyres and wheels for me but I am having to wait for a set to be found.

BMW have also checked the underside for any obvious signs of problems, but have declined to change any components.

Strange thing is that VDC seems to do very little. It was much more obvious it had got firmer or softer when you changed it on the F11.
Something doesn't appear to be right, if you can't sense much difference with VDC. I'd suggest your garage get you into another example, (even if it's on a different wheel size), simply to make a comparison, to see if your car is normal or not. I view that as essential to satisfying your concerns.

Your tyres, is 2.1bar high enough? If you only gain 0.1bar at working pressures, I'd be tempted to run a higher setting pressure to experiment. Prove you are not on the sidewalls and getting a more unsettled ride quality. I'm an advocate of running higher pressures with RFTs. I'm in an F11 with 18" wheels and have Adaptive Drive, so know what VDC and RFTs do in combination on the F11 chassis. I run 2.4bar front, 2.6bar rear, setting pressures, to get the best ride and least road interference once the tyres are warm.

Experimenting with pressures costs you little, except a bit of running time.
Appreciate 0