View Single Post
      04-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #10
2022M550i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i, 2015 Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_8 View Post
I think the N63 will probably stop at this tu3 version. The good news is that there will be more of them in the UK for at least another 5 years due to the fact Jaguar Land rover have signed a deal to replace the old 5.0 supercharged with it for the remainder of ICE production. That means there will be good local aftermarket support.
Jaguars going all electric by 2025. I remember receiving a newsletter from them last year regarding this. I think it's ridiculous and their brand will suffer even more.

If you want to buy an electric car, I'm all for it. But making your entire fleet electric is just ridiculous. I can't even begin to get started on this whole electric car fiasco. Nothing like your whole society depending on one energy source… no security risk there. Imagine hosting Christmas dinner, 15 people are plugging into your house for electricity. Now you have to include on the invitation, please ensure your vehicle is fully charged prior to arriving to my house.

Having an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering, I'm probably one of a few people that have done an honest end to end carbon emission analysis on internal combustion engines versus electric vehicle. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.

The amount of energy used by companies like Amazon, Facebook and Twitter is astronomical. Billions and billions pounds of coal have to be burned per year to provide energy to those server farms… if I wanted to order one toothpick from Amazon, I could literally have them come to my house and deliver one toothpick at least 350 days per year. No emissions problem there. The hypocrisy is staggering. At least 2.5 pounds of coal have to be burned per year just to charge your phone. Think of how many billions of phones there are. Almost 6,000,000,000 phones in use today.

This is not an attack on electric cars., But making them mandatory across the board is not clearly thinking the situation through. I have yet to hear anything about the byproduct of electric motors, ozone…. Wont that be a problem if every vehicle is electric? I believe in a balance.

Anyways…Ive geeked out enough today. Back to the Jaguar article

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56072019.amp
Appreciate 11
eliphil1916.50
Ohnry53.50
Rocket455498.00
Igor_M52156.50
Duta56952.50
jphcbpa317.50
Namakan21.00