06-17-2022, 09:24 AM   #37
UKF30
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 LCI Black Saphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flakmunky View Post
Hi, I've bought the G11 silver buttoned climate control unit, exactly the same as yours, but haven't yet taken my existing unit out to swap over.

I notice that the clips to hold the unit in differ in the picture of the G30 & G11 versions. The G30 has 4 'posts' on the climate controls, whereas the G11 has 4 steel clips, 2 on the climate control unit, 2 on the radio control unit. Can you confirm the G11 clips fit ok?

Also, I noticed on the pic of the G11 controls where you have removed them from the silver surround that you have also removed the steel clips from the rear. Is this necessary?

I understand I will have to remove the silver surround (and have done so) and replace it with my existing black surround, but I noticed there are 2 small springs in the control units. One is below the right hand climate knob, the other underneath the skip left button. They look as if they are depressed by 'fingers' in the surround. I'm wondering, 1) Does anyone know what these are for, and 2) Does the G30 black surround have the same fingers?!

I am taking pictures of my conversion and will post these to help others when I've finished.

TIA,

fM

Yes you will have move black mess housing from G30 controls to G11 controls as G11 controls have different plugs as the back which won't fit in G30 dash.
Appreciate 1