View Single Post
      03-21-2024, 05:46 PM   #16
bavarianboar
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 540i, 2020 430i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
I wouldn’t pay for this personally. Seems like a money grab or a dealer hopeful of finding other things while it.

They pretty much do this for free when you get your oil changed hoping to find shit. I’ve never had this particular “inspection “ done on any car nor has the dealer or car ever pushed it on me.
I got oil change, air filter and cabin filter all replaced earlier this week based on CBS, the 4th thing was this vehicle check that I asked the service advisor to skip for now.

So my guess is they did some level of inspection already and did not see anything alarming.

Another stealership said it was drivetrain check, which I can imagine would be some mechanical parts inspection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
Does this not show in your iDrive CBS list of upcoming services?

I agree it probably is a money grab, but I wasn’t aware that the dealership turned off CBS services.
It shows up on My CBS atleast and now a constant warning at engine start “Service Due” (no other detail however)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neusser View Post
This is where critical thinking is handy.

Your car is fine and your friendly corporate entity (who would ofc neeeever try to take your money without good cause) wants a few hundred bucks to poke around with a flashlight.

I know what I'd do.
Thanks for the spicy comment.

I see where you are coming from and this is the reason for my post to ask the folks who have run into this before because I think there isn’t really anything I am missing per say. This seems more precautionary and not a drivetrain malfunction error message.

I am in R&D for automotive engineering, my critical thinking has fortunately been well tested several times in my career through 5-10 interviews at each job I have held. And trust me I am “applying” it here, not just keeping it in my pocket!

I do appreciate some level of sarcasm in your post and it’s taken in the right spirit!

Driving: 2020 540i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa - Dec 2019 BTO - Feb 2020 Delivery
Returned: 2016 535i M-Sport Carbon Black, Ivory Nappa :: 2014 F30 335i M-Sport Min Grey, Coral Red :: 2011 E90 328i Deep Sea Blue, Oyster Dakota
Appreciate 0