View Single Post
      03-29-2024, 02:01 PM   #9
CnSky
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW 530E 2017

A lot of BMW windows have a strange mark looks like a Z etched into the window close to the opening closing pin on the door. The glass is supposed to be aligned between the Z when the window is fully up. It has an allowance between the top and bottom of the Z so perhaps your is adjusted close to the lower marker and pushing up very hard against the seals, you could have it adjusted closer to the higher marker instead it results in the window not pushing up so hard against the seal. Note I have had this mark on frameless window BMWs but can’t remember if it’s on a G30 with a framed door or not and have sold mine so cannot check. Also it’s easy to adjust the entire door a bit up or down by adjusting the strike plate for the lock and the hinges. Could be worth trying to move the door down a tiny bit at the top hinge and forward and down at the lower hinge to change the point of most contact assuming you don’t mess up the panel gaps. Check you panel gaps also are they even around the door if not your door is likely misaligned anyway and needs adjusting. gummiflenge I don’t advise on the G30 or any modern BMWs they changed the seals to a new dryer material and gummiflenge can make things worse not better. It was brilliant on older BMWs E90s etc.
Appreciate 0