View Single Post
      04-10-2024, 06:49 PM   #1
Baby M5
Rep
Drives: F90 M5c

Please help me! urgent!

Hello everyone, I want to tell you a story that is happening right now, and I beg you to give me some advice! I leased a car from a car dealership two years ago, and my sales representative sent me a contract. I signed the contract and paid the down payment. The sales representative towed the car to my city, and I paid the monthly installment on time every month, so I leased it for 10 months. I think the car is very good and I decided to keep it, so I contacted my sales consultant and told him my idea, and he sent me a wire. I went to the bank to transfer the money and asked me to do so before Monday. However, that day was Thursday and I could only go to the bank on Friday to transfer the money. I found out that the bank information he gave me was not the bank information of the car dealership, but the name of another company. I asked him why and he told me that they were different departments so the names were different. He also signed a buyout contract with me. I trusted him very much because he was the one who contacted me from the beginning to the end and communicated with me about the car. So I transferred the money. After the transfer was completed, I removed the GPS of the vehicle the next day because I did not want the car to be monitored by the car dealership. The salesperson also sent me a new license plate and a car ownership certificate with only my name on it (during the lease period, the car ownership certificate had two names, one half was my name and the other half was the name of the car dealership). I went to Service Ontario to confirm that the car ownership certificate was real and not forged. So my car accompanied me for a year. In the first month after one year, someone suddenly knocked on my door and said that I had broken the law and wanted to take my car away. I felt very strange. I contacted the sales representative but he did not reply to me. I checked Carfax and found that there was a lien on my car! So I called the car dealership to ask why they had someone knock on my door and why they didn't cancel the lien? The dealership replied that because they hadn't received the final payment and I hadn't paid the monthly installments for a long time, they had the right to take my car away. I was devastated and I also found a lawyer. During this time, they called the police and said the car was stolen, so I didn't dare to drive on the road. I was afraid of being stopped by the police, but my car ownership certificate and insurance policy were all in my name. If I was stopped by the police, would they take my car away?
Appreciate 0