View Single Post
      04-24-2024, 01:57 PM   #4
gizmo32
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 audi s4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430Scud View Post
I have never purchased plugs from the dealer. I always purchase online. Just buy from a legit, authorized reseller so you don't get Chinese counterfiet plugs. The seller you listed looks legit. (Amazon and eBay are filled with shady sellers, though I found one on eBay, "PartsContainer" that is a legit Bosch and NGK reseller)

I don't understand when the idea of replacing coils preventively came about, but on my 2001 BMW 540 M-Sport I have about 584,000 kms and only replaced two coils on my M62 V8 in 23 years. Both failed about six years ago, and about 6 months apart. Haven't had another failure since. They are easy to swap, so I keep a spare on the shelf in my garage.
With so little kms, I would not recommend replacing coils preventively...not until you are at least 200,000+ kms. For now, just buy one oem coil and keep it handy. I am assuming you have a OBD2 bluetooth scanner tool and phone app, so if a coil fails, you have a quick way to identify which one.
great info! yes i bought tons of parts over the years from the vendor! most likely buy those plugs.
Appreciate 1
430Scud272.00