View Single Post
      10-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #225
basiluf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 S450 2018 S90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekn8286 View Post
I don't know why, but I actually don't like it. Looks too standard and plain. I wish BMW was bolder in their design. The new Volvo sedan, Cadillac CT6, and re-designed Porsche Panamera look much much better.
The new S90 looks amazing, until you get to the rear end design, which I find absolutely atrocious and looks like they ripped it off a 10 year old Lincoln. The V90 on the other hand, is gorgeous, front and back and all in between. Unfortunately it also weighs 200 lbs more than a 530i Xdrive.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-tested-review

The CT6 is a 7 series competitor, but I agree that it's quite the looker, until the interior comes into play. Nevertheless, I would choose it over the 7 series, with of course the obligatory massive Caddy discount.

The Panamera is in a different league. Very few people will cross shop the two. The base Panamera starts at over 50% more than a 530i. The majority of them will be in the $100k range after Porsche's nickel and diming.

The 5 series main global competitors are the A6 and E Class. Depending on market, you can throw in the Lexus G, Caddy CTS, Jag XF, Volvo S90, and maybe another Japanese/Korean model. Without having driven any of these, on paper I would think this new 5 series would be my number 1 choice.
Appreciate 1