View Single Post
      08-03-2022, 12:34 PM   #104
2022M550i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i, 2015 Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-BMW33 View Post
I have always operated on a level playing field basis. You knock it out of the park for me and I could give two shits what the color of your skin is, male or female or who you like to fuck. It is a meritocracy and that's how I manage and reward or punish. What is unnerving, especially in this cancel culture we are in, is how easily people try to pull the woman card, the racist card, the LBGQT card to extort you into moving them along by claiming they are treated unfairly.

Now don't get me wrong, there are some douche bag, sexist, racist, homophobes out there that certainly discriminate. I have never been one of them but I have had been pull those cards and try to extort undeserving rewards. No fucking way. I give feedback, I document it, I tell people exactly what they need to do to get to the next level and I also tell people what they are doing wrong and if you don't turn it around, you will be terminated. I give them time to do it with a performance plan.

Employee at Will means nothing when it comes to people filing grievances. Most companies want to avoid this from a reputational perspective, so they write a check and make them sign that they won't. I personally do give terminated employees an option to sign the separation agreement and get a check or don't sign it and don't get a check.

You are right though, at the end of the day, the employee always loses unless there is something egregious going on.
I'm just like yourself, I don't care if you're purple or have a 2ft long nose ring hanging off your nose. It's all about how you perform. I've been around the block, and I can honestly say that I never personally witnessed racism or "white supremacy" in the corporate arena. Never...not even close.

And I agree that you package out people fairly, have them sign the separation agreement and everyone goes on their separate ways happy. That one company refused to let me do that....the CEO was a pompous Orthopedic Neurosurgeon Harvard Lawyer...always looking for a fight.
Appreciate 1
NGT25704.50