View Single Post
      12-01-2020, 01:55 AM   #1
ejlover06
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2017 G30 520 1.6lt

Exclamation Can we deactivate the Dimming of DRLs on G30?(Yellow colored LED/Discoloration Problm

Greetings,

I own a 2017 G30 with adaptive LED headlights. Right side inner daytime running light lights in a yellowish color as seen in the photo. It lights in the correct color (white) when headlights are on. But when only in DRL mode these lights dims a bit and this faulty one turns into yellow.

Service/Dealer said that whole headlight unit should be changed and it can not be repaired. It's cost is more than a monthly salary (even with a 70% discount because of goodwill since all maintenance are made on dealer on time and it's not a user related problem) so I don't want to replace the whole unit for a park light with a single LED.

Since DRL LED lights in white color without any problems at full brightness (as in low beams), I would like to increase the brightness of DRL LEDs (or deactivate the dimming functionality in DRL mode). In F series it can be coded but I couldn't find a brightness coding for G30. I'll really appreciate your help on the issue.

Thanks in advance,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0