View Single Post
      04-17-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
Zereldo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 530e

Interesting information. My understanding is that the calipers are interchangeable among all BMWs. I got this information from a dedicated BMW mechanic who retrofits M calipers on base model BMWs and he informed me that one could get away with installing 2020 M550i calipers in a 2010 X5 for instance since the mounting bracket and distance b/w the two bolt on said mounting bracket have never changed in BMWs since early 2000s.

Asentioned in my previous post, I recently had all pads and rotors replaced under a warranty claim and so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for me to use the M550i (MY2018) calipers I purchased a while back. I am interested in what other aftermarket options are available for pads and rotors that will work with the M550i calipers.

Cost is one concern with OEM parts, I think I got quoted $3k CAD for a set of pads and rotors. I believe a set of good after market rotors and pads from makes like stoptech, powerstop, and Zimmerman to name a few. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any offerings from them that will fit. I'm curious if you know what cost effective options are available for M550i aftermarket brakes.
Appreciate 1
Norris83282.00