View Single Post
      08-08-2017, 01:43 PM   #74
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
Love it ! I have a 2017. 650hp pulls hard. Tip for ya. I had my front plate like yours. Then bought an undermount. Big plus for H20 temps. Plate covers 40% of the airflow per Tadge.

What did the Z run ?
Thanks - my car has the two side vents completely opened (no elbows in there anymore) - and the oil cooler and intercooler are also in the way - so I'm not saving much by removing the plate - that said - I'm sure it wouldn't hurt either.

I removed the stock SC as I was having massive heat soak and over heating. I replaced it with an F1A procharger (and cam for the extra fuel) setup and love it now. You have a 17 with the taller lid and bricks 7 and 8 angled - that is supposed to help with the heat soak issue.

PC's are tough to launch - especially with a manual - so my best ET is lacking: 10.0. My MPH is healthy at over 145 MPH however.

The car really shines in the 1/2 mile - where I ran a 178 best MPH (which I believe is a record for a manual C7Z with a F1A setup).

I have a car I drag - so this car is my GT car - I just needed a certain amount of power (145 MPH traps were my goal).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=LWobj36qSr4
Appreciate 0