View Single Post
      05-01-2024, 06:58 AM   #70
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
This isn't a new thing. I've been smashing the triangle on this type of posts for at least two years now, with SEO links hidden on punctuation marks or in white-on-white text.
I am definitely familiar with hidden spam URLs since quite some time. But those URLs are visually discernable: a visible spam URL, 1 character hiding a spam URL, white or grey text hiding a spam URL, mini text (text size 1) hiding a spam URL. Either those feature in the original post, or are added at a later point in time to distract attention (however, when posted later, the spam bot blows its cover, as the post is marked as edited, attracting attention).

The spam technique I pointed out is more subtle: impossible to discern - 'physically', the post looks normal. But when you edit or quote the post, a 'nested' spam URL is revealed. The only visible anomaly is context-based: bot-like rambling or some banal compliment (out of context). Low-post count is an additional parameter (although I noticed in the recent past that some old accounts seem to have been 'hi-jacked': suddenly posts feature spam URLs).

Also a red flag: a comment featuring text already at the very top line of a 'comment box' (i.e. 'glued' to the top, right under the grey area featuring the date/time info), instead of featuring lower in the 'comment box', almost at the same level of a forum member name). Those posts are deleted, no matter the contents. If you spot such posts: please report with the warning triangle.