07-23-2014, 04:47 PM   #38
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
I see what you're saying, however how do you gauge actual demand if the product isn't there in the showrooms to be seen and tested? The statement there is no demand is counter factual, there clearly is some demand and it could easily grow, other manufacturers sell wagons. It's the same logic as saying 80% of 1 series drivers don't know their car is RWD, therefore it shouldn't be RWD. It's a nonsense repertoire, and IMO is to avoid having to reduce profit margins on some sales to allow customers what they actually want.

Just to share, I didn't know I liked and wanted dulce de leche ice cream until I came across it on a menu a few months back. Dulce de leche manufacturers could easily say there is no demand in the UK because it doesn't sell... I didn't even know it existed until then. Easy to justify as 'no demand'.

Finally if BMW is as 'premium' as it thinks it is, it should at least allow special orders. Everything else is optional except the body style you want.

Not sure if I like BMW tourers or dulce de leche more
True enough, but I think it's telling that the BMW, Mercedes and Audi, will all have conducted market research and come to similarish conclusions. None of them really push tourers in the US.
Appreciate 0