View Single Post
      04-26-2024, 03:34 PM   #1150
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

"Mark Hughes: Newey's Red Bull decision is purely personal"
Apr 26, 2024 - Mark Hughes - The Race
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/m...rely-personal/
"It’s not as if Newey would be departing because of a general malaise within the team, either; this is very much a personal issue based around the Christian Horner controversy regarding the employee who served as PA to both Horner and Newey.
(...) everything we are hearing says that his apparent wish to leave Red Bull is based upon his personal position regarding the Horner case. Not so much what other opportunities there may be."

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
CH was cleared of wrong doing, I wonder who's sponsoring the womans new legal team, maybe someone known to Wolff
If you were a good friend of mine and you did something capable of breaking my trust, some internal investigation by someone who was hired (no court of law) and who vanished off radar immediately after remitting his report, risks not to be sufficient to preserve our friendship.

It's about integrity. As the saying goes, try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Red Bull may have given Icarus Horner wings, but apparently both forgot what the sun can do to beeswax.

The RBR employee doesn't have the power, position, money and network that Horner has. It's all too easy to call her names and to blame her. I don't know her personally, but the 'transparency' by Horner and RB/RBR being limited to merely a "trust us, we checked" pacifier, justifies proper protection and sympathy for her cause. As someone said: supporting the truth, even when it is unpopular, shows the capacity for honesty and integrity.

Quote:
If business interests matter more than some valuable principles such as integrity and respect, decision-making can get flawed (it shouldn't, but, hey, welcome to the real world), resulting into the possibility that 'powers that be' could turn a blind eye on an inconvenient truth, sacrificing a pawn instead of a more 'valuable' chess piece. However, a chess player is deemed to know that when a pawn reaches the opposite side of the chessboard, it has the unique ability to promote to another chess piece: the pawn can become a Queen, Bishop, Rook or Knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
I've read CH's comments about being cleared by the investigation, but I haven't seen any denial by him on the legitimacy of the file drop...so his questionable requests and comments to her are probably true.
the silence is deafening
"In a room where people unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, one word of truth sounds like a pistol shot." (Czesław Miłosz)
Quote:
FWIW - someone at PistonHeads read the controversial 19-page write up on the Horner matter in the equally controversial BusinessF1 Magazine.

In the meantime the editor has received correspondence from Horner's legal representation alleging that the reporting has been unlawful and defamatory, stating that the article does serious harm to Horner's reputation. The article is also alleged to have breached privacy laws, and they have demanded that the article should be taken offline and no longer printed in hard copies.