10-11-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
geddylee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7, 2019 X5

Not impressed

Hi Everyone,

I recently test drove two G30's, a 540i with Msport 704 and a 530ie with the same setup. I'm a long time BMW loyalist, having owned about 8 different cars since 2002, mostly 3 series but with a couple of E60 5 series mixed in.

Anyway, I am looking to replace my 435i and was oh so hoping for the G30 to correct the issues of the F10 which was about as dull of a BMW as I have ever driven.

Alas, I came away bored to tears with both cars. They are both extremely competent, well made and quite sedans but they are just too big to be any fun in the corners. I just can't even remotely understand how someone could compare these cars to the E39. They don't even drive remotely near as well as the E60. The new 5 is basically 7 series light, which is fine but I was hoping for something that could put a smile on my face once in a while and the new car just feels like a well engineered appliance.

I apologize for people that enjoy the F10, but for me that car is a great representation of everything BMW has been and continues to do wrong from an engineering stand point.

Rant over.....
Appreciate 0