Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryClub007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytexter View Post
Floating caliper??? Are u kidding me....regular g30/f3x with m sport brake has fix caliper for rear. F8x, a cheaper car compare to f90, both blue brake and gold ceramic have fixed. Wtf
Could be a few things...
-Caliper weight / clearance
-Brake bias

The rear's aren't stopping much of this car. The surface contact area on the rear rotor is absolutely ginormous anyways

Now, should the car just have fixed piston calipers? Because it's an M5, yes, I absolutely believe it should. The class competition does.

However, this gives people a reason to purchase the brake option package and have fixed piston calipers in the rear I'm guessing. Money in the bank for BMW M.
It's there because of the electric e-brake/parking brake. Brembo has just released a fixed caliper with electric e-brake though, so in the future it will probably become available. But as of now, it's this caliper type they have available with electric e-brake/parking brake AFAIK

Oh, and the rear brakes does do a significant part of the braking!

What brake option package are you referring to? The CCB option had the same type of calipers front and rear on the F10 M5. Have you any info about this being different for the F90? Possibly they have adopted the new style Brembo e-brake calipers on the CCBs?
Appreciate 1