View Single Post
      07-15-2022, 07:16 PM   #9
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandingo9 View Post
Figured I would start a new chat thread so we don't bog down what could be useful other threads. Cigars, Meat, Whisky or Tequila would be good starter topics. I got a lesson today about lesser known cuts of delicious meat from our sales rep. He's been in the meat industry for 40 years and boy does he have a lot of knowledge.
Carlos and I had a nice convo about different "Cow Cuts" last night. About a year ago, my local butcher started putting out a "Brazilian" favorite cut of meat, such as our NY Strip and Ribeye. Here is how Carlos explained it. And it's 100% spot on. If you grill this cut with the fat cap on top, it will literally melt in your mouth like a Fillet. The flavor is unreal. Give it a try if you can find it.

"picanha is aka "culotte" and is the cap of the sirloin top butt. Aka, it's the top of the cows ass cheek on either side of the spine. Like you say I bet it's some pretty good eating. Good flavor from that area. Next major muscle group going forward (towards the head) is where the tenderloins, strip steaks and porterhouses are pulled from."

As far as booze is concerned, my #1 would be a bottle of Casta Weber Azul Tequila from 1993. It's in a handblown glass bottle, with a handblown agave crystal in the bottom. The cork is Agave root and its wrapped in Agave leaves and also has a limited edition tag. I have some nice dessert wines from the mid 1990's direct from Italy (Military service), but I think the Tequila is worth more $.
Attached Images