03-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #4
SCCThree
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnegan View Post
I have yet to understand the slightest modicum of why I'd ever want this. Or, assuming I did, why I'd decide to buy a BMW vs. a Cuisinart or a Maytag when it's nothing more than merely an appliance.
It is going to change things for sure. The ultimate driving machine will have to become something else. The ultimate shuttle machine perhaps?

I think all other factors we currently use when buying a car will still be there with the exception of the driving experience and performance. There will still be the options, luxury, ride, styling, cost of ownership, maintenance, efficiency, fuel/power, insurance, etc...

As much as I love to drive, after spending a few years in Europe and experiencing public transit, I really got used to just kicking back and waiting to arrive where I needed to go, it was nice. Upon return to the US, driving next to idiots in insane gridlocked traffic makes me miss public transit. While most of our cities wont have that level of public transit, I think this will fill that gap. I for one will be okay with giving up the wheel.

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens to the automotive landscape over the next 5-10 years. Interesting times...
Appreciate 2
italyix140.50
Finnegan701.00