LogicalApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcc88 View Post
Everyone says you should wait until the manufacturer or CPO warranty expires before purchasing Route 66 but I’m afraid it’s going to go away or something… lol
The right answer there is a murky one.

It is good in that if you total the car you may only get a prorated refund or none at all depending on the terms of the extended warranty. Not sure if Insurance would cover it as I never had that scenario.

But the murky part is after market warranties could scale pricing up based on the time of purchase (in terms of mileage and age history) to account for increase claim risk. How much if any adjustment would occur is unknown and would probably vary across companies so getting a clear answer anecdotally on forums wouldn’t be easy.

I say, strike when it makes sense to you and the deal makes sense to you and to let it go its way.

For instance, buying my BMW ESC a year or two after I took delivery was cheaper than when I took delivery (via the reputable contact shared on the forums). Why did the price go down? No clue, but it did. And I don’t think it was due to them padding it as their pricing was the best I could find in both cases. I think BMW just adjusted their pricing (BMW had also gotten rid of the deductible which was the reason I had delayed getting it. Not a fan of deductibles for these things).
Appreciate 0