View Single Post
      04-20-2024, 09:08 PM   #3
DaWhole9
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M550i, 1976 BMW 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
What MY do you have? I ask as I only have experience with the MY2020 pre-LCI Park Assist feature. It was tweaked in the LCI so it may function differently.

That said, the ability for the feature to find a space for parallel parking is dependent on distance to the "front" parallel car you pull up alongside to initiate a parallel parking maneuver. If you're too close or too far when aligned next to this car it won't see the spot. As it is using that distance to gauge its ability to make the "S" maneuver to get into the spot. Since it uses that distance to try and get its base "S" curve you can get into tighter spots by aligning with more space between that "front" car than normal. As that allows a more extreme turn angle for the car to plot its course. I've used this to get the car to automatically park in a spot with about a foot in front and behind the car. Was pretty impressed!

Also be sure the car is clean as the sensors can be thrown off otherwise.

I have a 2018 M550i. I have tried to be closer and further away...honestly...it feels like the passenger side distance is not being seen, and the drivers side is as sometimes it feels like its seeing the spaces on the opposite side of the street. Car is spotless. Just bought it from BMW a few weeks ago and never could get it to work. I have an appointment for them to go over things. Just trying everything I can think of to make sure it's not user error. I have watched multiple videos on it and mine just doesn't see parking spaces.
Appreciate 0