Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewanmac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-ALPINA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
Was discussed previously
Changed because BMW kept getting very bad initial quality feedback because new customers could not understand the electric system.

The new system also allows the auto wipers to always be on, unlike teh electrical one that reset it each time.
You're kidding? If BMW gets bad feedback because new customers do not realize they, then they get to create better manuals. They are super easy to use, and they have been one of my favorite things with BMW.

Yes, the only advantage of the new handles is that the rain sensor is always activated. The disadvantage is that you have to drag the handle out of the rain sensor, into 0 and a notch down if you just want a second sweep of the route and then return.

Tragically BMW ...

Do you have link to the discussion?
I have to say I still hate the electronic indicators and despite having 4 BMWs with them - going back 10 years - I still much prefer the mechanical ones. Cancelling is far more straightforward whereas with the electronic ones you often start signalling in the opposite direction.

Auto wipers being left on permanently not great in icy conditions though and could cause damage if the wipers are frozen to the windscreen.

New 5 touring looks great though.
Loves that positive feel of the older Bmw switchgear
Appreciate 0