View Single Post
      04-14-2024, 10:25 PM   #1
stormchaser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: NONE

Reversal of Opinion on G30 Comfort after 5 months- Love this car!

I've never owned a car that took me 5 months to warm up to, nor get comfortable on seats that I hated originally. BMW grows on you! There are so many things I love about this car. My 23-530IX has a Luxury Seating package, Multi-contour seats (tested in Germany in Sensatec and loved them) with Leather (Stiffer than the Sensatec). In the USA you are forced to order leather and my massage function makes the seat stiff. Suddenly they are comfy after 5 months of use.

I almost sold the car in the first few months. Suddenly these seats are extremely comfortable (Not sure if they get softer) and the ride quality of the car also seems better. The things that impress me about the G30 are the quality of the interior (easy knobs on the dash and steering wheel), the Premium feel of all touch areas, and the Driver Assistance PRO package. MPG is also averaging 35 on the highway which is the same as my A6 TDI. BMW tech is surpassed by none. Simply said, it is just a pleasure to drive long distances, and as What Car usually says "Office on wheels". I completely agree. Even auto high beams that gradually illuminate add to the Kool factor of this car. Also, the car is dead quiet on the highway. What's not to like? I have to think hard on this one. The doors close with a cheap feel (Not a thud), and the wiper fluid can't be a quick touch of the stalk versus a longer pull for fluid to come out. Also, the back seats when folded flat have that metal that hangs down preventing me from easily sliding my bike back there (Catches the metal). Overall love this car and don't see any reason to upgrade to the G60.
Appreciate 0