NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonronEG View Post
M850 GC has just enough extra room in the back over the 5 series to make me not think of the 7 series' cavernous backseat. It's crazy how much more room there is for a car seat back there versus the G30.

Good luck finding one optioned out though. I am still trying to get mine bought. Had one sold out from under me in an unfortunate situation at a local dealer but confident I'll find it in time.

If I drove a 7 or a S580 I'd feel like I aged 30yrs overnight honestly lol.
I’d the M850 depreciated like the 750 apparently does/has, then I’d be seriously considering it and probably shopping pretty hard at some point. But at 30k miles or less, which is the most I want to buy on any of these V8’s, it’s still too rich for me. My M550 has depreciated quite a bit but I did get a great deal on it. That’s another reason it would be a shame to get out too soon.

One day an M850 GC will be in the right place and right time for me to test out. I suspect it will be like the 750 experiment in that 1) it will be objectively awesome and 2) I’ll know within 10 minutes if it is subjectively awesome FOR ME. And if I like it, it will become the new obsession. Which is all the reason more for fate to keep that test drive away for a while.

Another thing I like about the M850 is they’re still making them! Easier to be patient, knowing they will be around either new or lightly used for quite a while.

I didn’t realize the backseat is any bigger than the G30. It kind of has bucket seats almost in the rear.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0