08-15-2017, 03:17 AM   #70
Rob500
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
We know the G30 has only two base modes, compared to the F10/11. Ken is familiar with the three mode VDC, and like me know there are positive and discernible differences between the base modes.

I've no experience in the G30 with VDC, but would expect there to be a definite difference, due to only having the two modes. Even if not so wide a difference as the spread of the three F10 base modes, there still should be a noticeable change and feel to switching. I would expect it to be similar or even more noticeable than just changing one step (mode) in the F10/11.

I assume the cars are definitely configured to have the suspension/chassis changing on the modes toggle?
Well all I can say is that if there is a difference to the suspension feel between comfort and sport (or the other) modes then it is minimal. Perhaps it shows up more if you really drive the car hard which I have not yet done but on normal driving around town I can't really tell the difference. Configuration should not have any impact as I'm just using the standard sport mode and the comfort one does not have an individual setting.
Appreciate 0