View Single Post
      08-15-2017, 04:51 AM   #71
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
I think the problem here is that we cannot quantify the ride, we cant measure it or give it a number as such so we will all describe it differently and we all probably have diferent expectations of what we like based upon what we have had previously and what sort of ride we prefer.

so not sure where we go from here!
I agree this is part of the problem, we all have individual 'ratings' of ride quality and all that is involved. Some of us are more sensitive than others to the variations in body motion. We don't all judge it the same. Evident by what some say is comfortable and acceptable, to others is an awful ride.

The only way to really judge the VDC performance would be with instrumentation, get some figures for the body frequencies in the different modes.

Even with the F10, some drivers couldn't feel the differences across the modes, couldn't see any advantage to ride comfort over the standard passive suspension. For someone like me the standard suspension had such a narrow working envelope for variation in road quality, before ride quality fell apart. VDC widened that working envelope by a big margin.

What I see in this thread, Ken has experience of the F11 VDC, which he appreciated. His example of the G30 (again with VDC) is not in the same league. Hence why questioning, is it working correctly?
Appreciate 1
Laki021366.50