REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
So DCT is no more ?
Finally BMW you listened!!!

I'm just waiting for the M4 and X4M version with M xDrive!

BMWs automatic transmissions are amazing, but still I want the DCT transmission option, I want to be able to downshift. As someone who only ever owned stick shifts and rides a gas powered motorcycle being able to downshift and not just relying on your brakes to slow down is critical I feel. But with New York traffic popping it in to Automatic mode is wonderful I must admit. As a driver I want to stay in tuned with the car, driving automatics I get distracted and I'm sure I'm not the only one. I could care less about the M5, too big of a car for me and the guys that get these big cars I would presume don't really need the shifting option anyway. But I do care about the new technology and in the M4 and M3 DCT I feel that's it's necessary and wanted.

M xDrive

And the rear wheel drive guys which I was my whole life until now owning an xDrive model and being able to drive it in the snow with sport tires and still be able to make it home safely means a lot. Now we all get the best of both worlds at a push of a button, how genius! Took long enough...
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Flying Ace4982.50
AGAV13804.00
wdeerfield2743.50
atopa2002202.50