NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Depending on course, my clubs and cart are stored there but if not then I need the trunk space. Also need it for our semi annual migration north/south. Early retirement left too much time to sit on my ass for 4 hours so drinks are at the bar after the round. That said, the sedan is a more practical design- and the one I prefer- vs the GC. But given current BMW choices, the 8GC has become more attractive. If only I still had a 3rd garage spot I could keep the G30 and add add a small 2 seater.

NGT2 the M850i is available…just saying. I’m here to help.
I stopped keeping my clubs at the course when we moved into a house with an attached garage. We’d just moved, the bag storage fee hit among all the moving bills, the wife was in a tizzy, so I said screw it and started keeping them here. Now I prefer it. I can clean them, regrip them, or take them to the range or another course any time I want.

My wife also plays. We have the X7 but I do like being able to take my car and take both sets.

You’re right. If I had the checkbook and need to buy a brand new BMW, given the choices, it would have to be an M850 GC.

Honestly, if there were an M4 GC then I think it would be attractive. I don’t hate the grill. But I don’t like it on the 3 series. It fits the coupe or GC body style better. I get an M4 GC would be too similar to the M3 and wouldn’t make sense to make both. Just saying that I’d be intrigued. The M440 isn’t nice enough inside and isn’t fast enough to make up for it. The M3 is just kind of an ugly duckling. It looks kind of forced.

Remind me, why are you feeling the pressure to replace yours? Lease ending? Or just feel like it’s time?

If I were to replace mine, M850 is the only real candidate that I think wouldn’t result in regret. It has the power, the interior quality, and also can be found with bowers stereo. Those are the three things I’ve gotten spoiled on.

Different style but the X6 M50 is the only one left I haven’t driven but think would have potential. But it’s not much faster than an 840ix. I’d rather drive the 8.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 0