View Single Post
      11-11-2023, 02:09 PM   #60
Chappers 71
Major General
Rep
Drives: Beige G31 40ix m sport

Garage List
Had a set of PS4 ZP’s fitted a few weeks ago, hadn’t done many miles since, around 30 until today when I had the chance to take the G31 out for a few hours. Tyres are a big improvement over the P7’s rear & Primacy 3 fronts. It grips & steers in very nicely indeed now, ride isn’t bumpy/harsh or noisy. Tbh it was ok with the old rf & I didn’t really feel the need to swap to go flats, so very pleased & would recommend them.

On another note after having the tyres fitted & me not using the G31 for fifteen days the right hand side rear suspension suddenly dropped by 15mm overnight, soon as I started the engine it raised to its proper height but then dropped again over night. I then took it out for a bit of a drive, suspension at correct height again & then it stayed at correct height 705mm all corners from floor to top dead centre wheel arch for five days without it being driven but then dropped again by 15mm but this time front & rear right hand side two days ago but has stayed at correct height since.
Firstly I thought it was the rear air bag but as the front also dropped I now think it’s not the bag but a sensor or something. Will drop it by my tame mechanic & get him to read the codes.
Am wondering if it’s to do with all four wheels dangling for an hour & half whilst the new tyres were being fitted.

Other than that I’m still enjoying my G31
E39 540i V8 6SP manual
E34 3.6 M5. E34 525i sport.
VW Jetta Mk2 GTI 16v. 1679cc 1967 resto-cal beetle
Appreciate 0