View Single Post
      07-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #31
X3paul
Banned
Rep
Drives: E9 CSi, Z4M coup, E65 730d, E4

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbeemer
If the rendering of the front in that magazine is very close to the actual design as per Scott, then all I can say is it is ugly and bland. No aesthetics, but simple copy-paste, and if you want a better looking bumper, you have to opt for M-Sport, which may only make it look marginally better. Headlights joining the grill, pop up iDrive screen...sigh.

I have an E39 M5 and that car is a beauty that has aged so well. The current generation 5 series (pre-LCI) is also very nice but not as fun to drive for me, though I can't compare new plain vanilla 528xi with my old M5.

The front bumper cut outs in this rendering reminds me of the 2015 Hyundai Sonata or the 2015 Acura TLX bumper.

Sorry, but Mercedes has beaten you guys in the design department (except for some of their cars like the C, GLA and CLA interiors). I'll wait to see what the new E Class is going to be like.

And no wagon for US is sad. Sure, just get us the GT - that sells great here, no?
The E39. On ocasion I see a lci e39 msport silver driving around and man I think ,bar the classics, that is probably the bmw that aged the best. It still looks SO good today!
Appreciate 0