View Single Post
      07-23-2014, 02:40 PM   #37
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
I see what you're saying, however how do you gauge actual demand if the product isn't there in the showrooms to be seen and tested? The statement there is no demand is counter factual, there clearly is some demand and it could easily grow, other manufacturers sell wagons. It's the same logic as saying 80% of 1 series drivers don't know their car is RWD, therefore it shouldn't be RWD. It's a nonsense repertoire, and IMO is to avoid having to reduce profit margins on some sales to allow customers what they actually want.

Just to share, I didn't know I liked and wanted dulce de leche ice cream until I came across it on a menu a few months back. Dulce de leche manufacturers could easily say there is no demand in the UK because it doesn't sell... I didn't even know it existed until then. Easy to justify as 'no demand'.

Finally if BMW is as 'premium' as it thinks it is, it should at least allow special orders. Everything else is optional except the body style you want.

Not sure if I like BMW tourers or dulce de leche more
The 3er Touring is in North American showrooms yet remains outsold by the X3 and the X1 a car that is based on the Touring's predecessor.
Its an entirely different story in Europe and Germany in particular.