View Single Post
      04-22-2024, 05:19 PM   #12
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyVincent View Post
Been visiting a couple dealers in my area looking at the 840i and M850i. I love my 2021 540i M Sport but the 8 series coupe really catches my eye.

The dealers I have visited are playing ridiculous games such as adding junk fees galore like inflated registration/title fees and other nonsense such as pre-installed third-party lojack type systems. Also, they are not budging from the MSRP even though the cars I looked at have been in their inventory for at least a month.

BMW is offering nice rebates that exceed 5K with BMW loyalty on 2024 models. The 2025s are also showing up now which seems early.

The M850i is about 15K more than the 840i which is not that bad. However, I like the B58 engine due to familiarity with it since my 540i has the same. I hear mixed reviews on the 8 cyl in the M850i. The increased power would be fun though.

Any thoughts/opinions would be appreciated. Thanks
I'm a big fan of the 8 coupe. A neighbor has an carbon black M8 and it is a lovely thing.

I'd maybe tend toward the 850 if the reliability were certain (mostly for the looks and sheer grunt), but if this is a DD and a keeper, I would shy away.

The character of the car will be different with the I6 vs. the V8. Handling and the lightest reasonable weight usually come first for me, but the 8 isn't a straight sports coupe, so the V8 might be more fitting if you want to go more in the lux direction.

I feel like all of the upper range BMs are like this now. You can get a good amount of sport, or simply go more in the Merc direction and configure a cruise ship.

Appreciate 1