View Single Post
      04-30-2024, 02:37 PM   #21
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSander View Post
for me, I switched to regular All season tires for all previous BMW. However, for the M550i, I currently have 20" runflat summer and 19" regular all season. Everytime, I switch to summer, the first week or so, I can't get over on how well the car handle, however, that feeling slowly gets replaced by how stiff the car is and how much slower I have to go just to avoid potholes lol.

I'm on the fence of either switching to 20" regular summer tires or just do all season DWS next and save the money. It's like 1/2 the price for almost 2x longer lifespan.
Makes perfect sense. Summer UHP tires are stiffer than all-seasons.

The reason is that AS tires need to be a softer compound in order to remain usable in temperatures below 7 degrees celsius.

Over here on the continent, in cold conditions, it is illegal in some places to run any tire without the snowflake/mountain symbol (winter tires), as the compound on these tires is much more pliable.

I would never go without two sets of tires again, even if I returned to the States. It is unsafe in many cases, and the money you spend on winter wheels and tires can be recouped to a degree through tire longevity gained from having two sets.

Appreciate 1
NGT25749.50