03-22-2024, 07:35 AM   #12
Neusser
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 G31 540i xDrive M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal-s View Post
Hi guys,

First time posting here, hope ive asked in the right place.
Been looking around for a decent 540i M sport in the UK for a while, First BMW for me. Seen two and was wondering what would be a better choice and if there are any major differences.

Option 1: 2017 BMW in Mediterranean Blue, 55,000 miles, 2 owners
Comes with near enough every possible option i've seen including:
- Comfort Seats (massage, ventilated)
- Nappa Leather
- Driving assist plus, Parking assist plus
- B&W Speakers
- Tech, comfort, Visibility and premium packs
- Adaptive suspension

Option 2: 2018 (late model) BMW in carbon black, 45000 miles, 4 owners
Comes with:
- Comfort seats (massage, ventilated)
- Premium, comfort and tech options such as HUD
- Carbon Fibre Trim styling (been told this was an option on the G30 at time of original purchase)

The difference between them is 1k (Option 2 being more expensive).
I'm siding with the car with more options but not sure how it is in reality considering ive not had a BMW before. They are each around 27K GBP and are BMW CPO vehicles with full service history. Also not looking to have the car for long term, potentially 2/3 years of ownership so i am considering the resale values but that could change if I enjoy myself too much in either of them.

Really appreciate any advice you can give thanks!

Four owners is a bit questionable, but here in Europe, this is common for any car that has some performance.

That aside, based on the description alone, I would be inclined to go for the black car.

The blue car seems more luxury oriented (with the dreaded adaptive suspension), and appears to have a lot of added options-based weight. The cosmetics are also less sporty (med blue, wood trim with white leather, etc.).

That said the blue one does appear to have the MPE, which is a very nice extra.
Appreciate 0