08-10-2017, 01:54 AM   #47
immx
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2012 520D SE Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by diinky View Post
Ive also ordered one without driving it first. What was it like?
It was very nice. I was a little disappointed that the dealership hadn't bothered to charge it before I picked it up! It had a 50% battery charge, so I would expect better economy if you charged it fully. I did around 50-60 miles in it, mainly in auto edrive. By the time I got it back to the dealers it had returned around 44mpg. That was about 60% motorway 40% town driving.

In auto edrive, When it has charge in the battery, it wants to use that as much as it can. It's only if you floor it or get over about 50mph does the engine kick in.

It maybe because I'm coming from a 520d, but it was so quiet, even with the engine running, it's near silent. To the point you start noticing other noises, like the sound your of hands moving round the steering wheel, or the sound of your shoe touching the brake pedal! Hahaha!

The one I drove was an msport on 20" wheels without adaptive suspension, so I thought it would be a harsh ride, but it really wasn't. I'm glad I didn't bother listening to the press saying you need adaptive. In normal driving, you really don't IMHO.

Overall, the biggest disappointment with the car was the size of the cubby hole above your right knee is tiny compared to the F10! If that's the worst thing I can find wrong with the car, it's a bloody good car!
Appreciate 0