View Single Post
      03-25-2024, 11:59 AM   #1
ChiNorm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 535xi

Moving from F10 to G30, what packages do I want?

I am looking to replace my ’13 F10 xdrive with an G30 and I would like to learn about the differences between the two before I go shopping. Questions cover several categories.

1. Seats. I have the multi-adjustable comfort seats and love them. One of the main reasons I bought the car are these seats, which have worked wonders on what once was chronic back pain. Is this still an option on the G30? If not, what are the choices?

2. Suspension. I prefer a firmer suspension. Is the only difference between the M Sport and the regular chassis the staggered tires and the stiffer M Sport sway bars. M Sport cars are rare, so I figure I will simply purchase the M Sport bars separately. Is there anything else I ought to know about?

3. Audio system. I have the H-K, which is pretty good. What are the audio options for the F30? I don’t want anything inferior to my current H-K system. An upgrade would be nice.

4. Spare tire option. How much room does this eat up in the trunk?

5. Rear window shade. I like this and it helps keep a black car from heating up so bad in the summer sun. Is this still an option?

6. Motor. I currently have the B55 and I think it’s great. I’m not interested in the 550, which is more power (and trouble potential) than I need, nor am I interested in the 4 cylinder motor. Any thoughts?

7. Anything else I have overlooked?

Thanks much for your comments and insights.

Last edited by ChiNorm; 03-25-2024 at 03:05 PM.. Reason: C F30 to G30
Appreciate 0