General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 911, Cayenne Turbo, Disco 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveCM5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
It's showing me it's quicker, still doesn't seem that much quicker. 0.4 seconds at those speeds is about 50-60 ft ahead at a very quick bit of rough maths.

So, yes it's quicker, the absolute least I'd expect, but still feels like it should be further ahead.
A car going 115mph covers 67 feet in 0.4 seconds. Since the 550 is ~16' long that's about 4 car lengths.

I'm sorry, but getting whipped by 4 car lengths on your best run ever in a tuned car is a beat down. The cars don't really belong in the same track together.

To put it in better perspective, basically for it to be competitive they would have to start the light tree when you left and the 550 would have to wait for the tree to count down turn green then go and it still might beat you.
Ok so for someone who apparently knows nothing my quick bit of arithmetic wasn't far out.

Where did I say my car was as quick or anything like it?

It's a 480bhp petrol V8, with xdrive. I have a 6 pot diesel estate (albeit remapped).... you're too right they shouldn't be comparable. I would get comfortably beaten every time. This is not the point of any of my posts.

My run was a hot day with a full tank, with normal tyre pressures, no launch control, and a driver who had never been on a drag strip before. I make no claims of brilliance for me or my car. Launching an automatic xdrive is the easiest thing in the world- anyone who can drive could do it. What I do know is xdrive gets you off the line easily and brilliantly, but it does impact you with extra drive train losses that get worse the faster you go.

So my only real point is that the car gets off the line superbly but maybe doesn't make the trap speed I was expecting from 480horses.

The OP is saying that 0.4 seconds is a massive difference, and then also implying that in different weather conditions, maybe less fuel in the tank, and different tyre pressures that he's then going to know that same 0.4 seconds off...

That's rubbish and you don't need to be a drag racing expert to know that.
Current: Porsche 911 991 C4S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, Land Rover Discovery 4. Gone...G01 X3 M40i, Cayman S 987, F31 340i, Cayman GT4, F82 M4 CP, Lotus Exige V6, G20 330e, F30 330e, Boxster S 987, F31 335d, Mini Cooper SD, E89 Z4, E90 330d 320d, E60 520d, E46 330d 320d, MX5s, E30 325i
Appreciate 0