View Single Post
      10-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEYON
That's stupid. The next gen-M5 doesn't need that much horsepower. What it needs is liposuction. The next-gen M5/M6 should have only a small bump in horsepower and torque figures and a 400-500 pound weight loss. Add more aluminum and carbon fiber, it wouldn't be too hard. Especially after the production of the i3 starts, CF will become easier and more efficient to use for BMW.

Oh and please stop with making everything bigger. I think it's safe to say that this is the biggest cars should become. Any bigger and it gets a bit ridiculous... Are we going back in time towards the massive caddies and impalas or what? You can't keep making bigger cars ever generation. If there was a generation for that to end, it should be this upcoming one. Even if it's a couple of inches, it makes a difference and could potentially start a trend favoring downsizing within the market.

I know, the M5 never was the lightest car around. But it makes more sense to favor light weight over horsepower at this point of the M5's life. It will allow for a better driving experience, and if an M5 isn't trying to achieve that, then I don't know what else to say..
Yeah they do need to stop making everything bigger

I reckon when I retire the Bimmerpost forum will be getting excited about the announcement of the minus 1 series, which will be a spiritual successor to the E90. The 7 series by that time will require an HGV licence.

Really like the speculative image, usually they look ridiculous but this looks smart
Appreciate 0