View Single Post
      03-28-2023, 05:47 PM   #2
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxs1687 View Post
Hi guys, any of you live in the MD area, by any chance? I'm between DC and BMore in Howard County, for anyone familiar with this area.

My M550i warranty ends in a few weeks. Curious to know if anyone recommends any good, reasonable, and reliable indy shops in this area? I've been debating buying an extended warranty but haven't done much research yet.

My last car was a F10 550i and I got the extended warranty thru BMW of Catonsville, although it was a Toyota warranty. I only used it two times thru the dealer....1.) drivetrain malfunction which needed new spark plugs and 2 coil packs (I ended up having to pay a portion of this) and 2.) Tie rods which was surprisingly covered in full by the warranty when my high pressure pump blew (manufacturer warranty covered this). I mention all of this because I'm unsure I want/need the extended warranty. I spent $4990 on this "platinum" warranty on my last car and most certainly did not get my money's worth within my 4 yrs of owning it.

My other car is a Lexus and I actually have a Toyota guy that great with all Jap cars. He does work for basically every Jap car owner on my street and much of my family. I only use him for bigger things, such as spark plugs and such. I usually do filters, oil changes, brakes, rotors, brake fluid, etc all on my own on both cars. Wonder if I should let him work on the Bimmer too ��.

Sorry, a lot of thoughts going on here lol. Just wanting to get some of your guys' thoughts too.
Look up the Route 66 Extended Warranty in our forum. Several have used it.
You can get 7 yr/120K for roughly $3,000, depending on your mileage. And that is for the top Tier level that covers everything except wear/tear items.
And it is transferable.