clbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmib
Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
Hmm maybe stateside, here in the uk most LCI F30 come with shameful halogens. Only the top end M Sport (335d and 340i) models come with LED.

It's 2016 and using cheapo incandescent bulb technology that was patented in 1882 is not just wrong, but actually laughable on a premium brand.
I'm not stateside, but in Norway. And I didn't mean that LED was standard, but instead of having Xenon as an option now LED is an option.
All the F30/31 LCI I've seen here has the LED, but I know for some reason many in UK doesn't upgrade the lights.
My apologies I didn't see you were in Norway. The US spec sheets for 530i and 540i state LED as standard so parity of esteem for the UK and Europe means BMW should make them standard here too, if not we're being short changed.

I am sincerely hoping that next gen 1 and 2 series, xenon becomes the norm with LED options (at least for the engines 120d and above so there remains a cheap entry level option for those on a budget)

...And that for everything else (3er +) LED is standard with Adaptive and Laser Light optional upgrades.
Appreciate 0