View Single Post
      12-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #38
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I just sat in the F90 M5 at the LA Autoshow. Best thing I liked about the new M5 over the previous one: the Bowers and Wilkins Sound System. It is hands down a superior system to the Bang and Olufsen. Sadly the rest of the car did not excite me. The digital instrument cluster was cool. The seat was a little more comfortable and supportive than the F10 M5 seat. I played around with iDrive M xDrive settings.

From probably one if the worlds biggest M5 fans, I am let down by the new M5, but I guess I'll need to also drive it before I can reach a final verdict. Also the wheels actually look pretty good in person, but I hate the laziness they took in designing the side view mirrors.

I look forward to the M8.
I actually was kind of the opposite.... I've been 0% excited about this car and after sitting in it at the LA auto show I started convincing myself it was time for another trip to Germany for an M5. I loved the new blue, interior and seats were great, styling seemed way more natural and less forced in person. Rims are an abomination to me and I'm not an aftermarket rim guy so that bums me out a bit but other than that I left way more excited about the car vs where I was coming in....
Appreciate 0