View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 05:32 AM   #12
buddyboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 540ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarlow View Post
I just replaced the large coolant reservoir on my 2019 540i. I've watched Kern417's video multiple times but am having difficulty getting the bleed procedure to start. Here's my understanding from the video:

1) Put seat belt on
2) Quickly press the start/stop button 3 times
3) Set HVAC to 84 degrees and on the lowest fan setting
4) Press and hold the accelerator for 15 seconds

I've tried this multiple times but don't hear the pump start. Can anyone confirm that this is indeed the correct process and/or have any tips?

For the high temp circuit (large tank):

Connect battery charger.
Close driver's seat belt.
Activate the testing-analysis-diagnosis (PAD) by quickly pressing the START-STOP button 3 times.
Adjust the heating to maximum temperature and adjust the blower to the lowest stage.
Floor the accelerator pedal and hold for 15 s.
The automatic cooling system bleeding routine will be initiated.
Start engine.
The Idle speed is automatically increased to 1200 rpm.
Press accelerator pedal until engine speed reaches approx. 3500 rpm, maintain this engine speed for 10 s .
Hold idle speed for 30 s.
Press accelerator pedal until engine speed reaches approx. 3500 rpm, maintain this engine speed for 10 s .
The cooling system bleeding routine has finished approximately 11 min after the engine starts.
The engine speed drops to the idle speed again.
Switch off engine.
Allow the engine to cool down.
Adjust the filling level in the coolant expansion tank of the high-temperature coolant circuit to 200 ml above the maximum mark.

for the low temp circuit (small tank)

Close the sealing cap (1) on the coolant expansion tank of the low-temperature coolant circuit.
Connect battery charger.
Activate the testing-analysis-diagnosis (PAD) by quickly actuating the START-STOP button three times.
Activate the low-beam headlight and the hazard warning lights at the same time.
If the low-beam headlight and the hazard-warning lights are not switched on, then the ignition (terminal 15) will automatically switch off after some time and interrupt the bleeding procedure.
Close driver's door.
Adjust the heating to maximum temperature and adjust the blower to the lowest stage.
Floor the accelerator pedal and hold for 15 s.
The automatic cooling system bleeding routine will be initiated.
The cooling system bleeding routine ends automatically after approximately 11 minutes.
Adjust the filling level in the coolant expansion tank of the low-temperature coolant circuit to100 ml above the maximum mark (1).