Symo
Where is the Earth Shattering Ka Boom?
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30 540i Mediterranean Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvedere View Post
Hi Symo
Congratulations on the order from a fellow Melburnian. Nicely specced!

On timing, FYI, mine was built in Graz on 21 August 2017 and arrived in Melbourne on 13 October 2017. I ordered the car on 21 May 2017. A long wait.

The 540i is a rare beast on our roads. If you see a bluestone luxury line around, it's probably mine! BTW I saw my first F90 M5 here in the wild only today. I consider myself lucky, as I'm pretty sure there's probably only a slightly better chance of seeing one than a Tasmanian tiger.

Good luck with the waiting game.
Hey Belvedere. I agree, the 5 series G30's of all descriptions are thin on the ground. I think because there are so many 3's and 4's around these days, there is an alternative to the 5's. Especially when you add the X cars, they seem to be everywhere. Wife has a X530d that will be due to be replaced in a year or 2 and she will want another one of them.

My order was placed with Doncaster on September 8th. Came off the line in Steyr Austria on 26th November and as of this morning its still sitting waiting for a ship in Hamburg (I believe). From there it is about 45 days on the water and a week here for customs and the $1,000 car wash so I hope to pick it up the first half of February. About 6 months after placing the order.

I ordered the car through John Cadogan's mob (AutoExpert) and he managed to shave about 14K off the best price I could negotiate so I added a whole heap of options to the car. ( I had a budget and wanted to get the best car I could for that budget).

Ill keep my eye about for you, I tend to hang about the Knox area mostly

enjoy your 540. (wish they sold the 550 here though.... that would have n]been a nice car too)

Cheers
Peter
Appreciate 0