nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
My SA, who I like a lot, is ADAMANT that I not switch to non run flats. He swears he’s seen transfer cases go out within ten thousand miles of swapping. I challenged him that the same size and same tire on all four wheels shouldn’t make a difference and he swears it does. He also said that if it came with runflat and I switch, and there is an issue, the first thing BMW will do is ask about the tires and if they’re different than factory.

Any input with some info I can take back to challenge this further? He makes me apprehensive enough to just say screw it and stick with the run flats. I wish Michelin made the 19” size PS4 AS runflat to fit our cars, but it’s too wide. If I had 20” wheels, they’d have runflats to fit.

I went Pirelli last time and had one bubble (they covered it) and they’ve worn out in less than 20k miles. I know that’s partially on me. But I’m thinking about going with the Continentals this time. I don’t want to go back to the GY Eagle Sports.
what he said may hold true. depends on your dealership.

i'm also on the G05 forum, and there are several posts from folks saying warranty repairs/replacements on their tires/wheels were denied due to not being OEM from factory. one guy wanted to switch from OEM 21" to OEM 20" and all the area indy tire shops and his dealership told him they wouldn't even mount them even if he purchased them
Appreciate 1
MRDILLONS139.50