BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Another G31 on order (UK)

11-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 530d xDrive (G31)

Another G31 on order (UK)

I ordered a G31 530d xDrive at the end of September. The delivery date was meant to be week 50 or approx December 15th. Just been notified by the dealer that there has been a delay and the new date will be the first or second week in January. It's been a long enough wait without this extra delay. There was no reason given which makes it even more frustrating.

Anyway, spec below.

ZM6H G31 530d xDrive M Sport Touring B57 3.0d
475 Black Sapphire
LCFK Black Dakota leather with exclusive contrast stitching/piping
Z0C Visibility package
502 Headlight wash
552 Adaptive LED Headlights
5AC High-beam Assistant
ZMS M Sport Plus package
2QR 20" BMW Ind V-spoke style 759 alloy wheels
420 Sun protection glass
688 Loudspeaker system - harman/kardon surround sound
320 Model designation deletion
481 Sport seats, front
4T8 Exterior Mirrors - folding with anti-dazzle
5A1 LED foglights, front
6FV Online Entertainment
6NW Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging
6WD WiFi hotspot preparation
704 M Sport suspension
715 M aerodynamic bodystyling
760 Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
775 Headlining, Anthracite

Got 22.2% discount so happy with that
Appreciate 2
TimMcC513.00
JustChris17607.00
      11-23-2017, 12:37 AM   #2
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Congrats, that's like a Christmas gift
Happy Waiting
      11-26-2017, 02:59 AM   #3
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

And another with - what is for us Aussies - a massive discount off list price. Is this the norm in the UK market? Just curious.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 07:15 AM   #4
Jim-Bow
First Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
And another with - what is for us Aussies - a massive discount off list price. Is this the norm in the UK market? Just curious.

Tony
Dealer discount is normally in the low teens dependant on spec and options (i personally got about 12% on a 530d msport g30 with minimal options) but as many have pointed out we also get BMW Finance discounts (labelled deposit contributions) which are another reduction - £3500 in my case which made it about a 19% saving overall.

Thats how our market has been for the mainstream non X/M cars for a while now (achieving nearly the same discount 4 years ago on my 330d)
Appreciate 1
brissim85.50
      11-26-2017, 04:02 PM   #5
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bow View Post
Quote:

Tony
Dealer discount is normally in the low teens dependant on spec and options (i personally got about 12% on a 530d msport g30 with minimal options) but as many have pointed out we also get BMW Finance discounts (labelled deposit contributions) which are another reduction - £3500 in my case which made it about a 19% saving overall.

Thats how our market has been for the mainstream non X/M cars for a while now (achieving nearly the same discount 4 years ago on my 330d)
I got a £4K finance contribution so this is obviously quite a large chunk of the discount.

Unfortunately the dealer I'm getting the car from is 200 miles away so not perfect but worth it for the discount. My local dealer never even attempted to get close to the 22%!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 04:06 PM   #6
Jim-Bow
First Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: G16 840i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Bow View Post
Quote:

Tony

I got a £4K finance contribution so this is obviously quite a large chunk of the discount.

Unfortunately the dealer I'm getting the car from is 200 miles away so not perfect but worth it for the discount. My local dealer never even attempted to get close to the 22%!!!
You've obviously gone xdrive

The best offer I had was about 20 ish percent, my local dealer who I bought current car car from got with £500 of the better offer (and saved me about £150 in train fares) I was happy with that's stuck with them!
Appreciate 1
emre85.00
      11-27-2017, 05:56 AM   #7
en1gma
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G03 X3

Quote:

Tony
Something that has kicked on in the UK is the use of 3rd party brokers/introducers, like Broadspeed and CarWow.

You literally choose and spec the car you want on one of their websites and they will then forward to the mainstream dealers who they have relationships with, who then make an offer in return. Some may be not much different to list prices, some may be around the 19-22% you've seen quoted here. As simple as that... and you then choose the offer you like...
Appreciate 1
brissim85.50
      11-27-2017, 02:40 PM   #8
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Yes our Australian market operates somewhat differently than the UK market. Because the size of the market (the total Australian market for new cars is typically around 1 million new cars per year) and the fact we are at the end of a long supply chain for European-built cars. Typically it takes 4 months for a factory order from Europe with more than half of that time taken up in transport (including a very frustrating 2-3 weeks for customs and quarantine clearance once it gets here). Times are a little faster for US and South African-built BMWs.

But as a result of this dealers tend to keep a stock of new cars from which a fair proportion of their sales are made. We can get typically 15%-20% off list with these in-stock/showroom floor cars with immediate delivery (but limited in engine/wheels/colour/trim/options etc), but when it comes to factory orders even with loyalty discounts, 5%-10% off list would be typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
Something that has kicked on in the UK is the use of 3rd party brokers/introducers, like Broadspeed and CarWow.

You literally choose and spec the car you want on one of their websites and they will then forward to the mainstream dealers who they have relationships with, who then make an offer in return. Some may be not much different to list prices, some may be around the 19-22% you've seen quoted here. As simple as that... and you then choose the offer you like...
We also are starting to see these 3rd party brokers starting to appear here as well although they tend to operate at the volume end of the market. I've heard varying stories about their effectiveness.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 07:29 AM   #9
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

Just got an automated email to say car is complete. Hopefully won't be long now!

Anyone know how long it generally takes from this stage to get to the uk?

I'll speak to dealer tomorrow anyway to see what timescale he gives.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #10
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

Not too long (although it will feel it!). If you have the order number you can ask the bmw genius of its current status code and track it every day if you wish.i even followed the ship to Southampton along the English Channel.

Or you can simply wait for the dealer to call!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #11
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH79 View Post
Just got an automated email to say car is complete. Hopefully won't be long now!

Anyone know how long it generally takes from this stage to get to the uk?

I'll speak to dealer tomorrow anyway to see what timescale he gives.
In my case, car got to UK in about a week & half after leaving Dingolfing factory. It took further week and half weeks to get through Southampton & Thorne. Last bit literally drove me insane
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 11:34 AM   #12
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

It's going to be a long few weeks then!
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #13
JD2005
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530d m sport xdrive saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS-UK View Post
In my case, car got to UK in about a week & half after leaving Dingolfing factory. It took further week and half weeks to get through Southampton & Thorne. Last bit literally drove me insane
A week and half from Southampton... any idea why?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #14
ADS-UK
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 - 530d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD2005 View Post
Quote:
A week and half from Southampton... any idea why?
Most of that time it was at Thorne. Guess they were quite busy at the time.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #15
JD2005
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530d m sport xdrive saloon

Quote:
Most of that time it was at Thorne. Guess they were quite busy at the time.
Do you know if all new cars go through Thorne? I can't wait a week and a half
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #16
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

no.
Mine was just Southampton. Dealer based in in SE England.

Frustrating In know, when I knew mine was down there I wanted to jump on the train and go and get it!
Dealer turned it around quickly with arriving the previous day's afternoon and me picking it up first thing in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 03:27 PM   #17
AndrewUK
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530D xDrive G31Touring M Sport

Garage List
Have just placed my order for a heavily specced G31 in the UK - went through CarWow and got 22% off, and a very low rate on finance (2.9% APR).

Dealer told me car should be available 1st week in March - fingers crossed then!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 09:18 AM   #18
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewUK View Post
Have just placed my order for a heavily specced G31 in the UK - went through CarWow and got 22% off, and a very low rate on finance (2.9% APR).

Dealer told me car should be available 1st week in March - fingers crossed then!
I've just specced out a high spec G31 too. I originally specced a moderate G31 through Carwow but I found their configuration options difficult to understand through them direct, so I did a config on BMW and then sent this to the dealers that originally responded so we'll see what they say. I don't think this car will be within my budget unless I can get around 22% off too, so we'll see!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #19
CH79
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Quote:

I've just specced out a high spec G31 too. I originally specced a moderate G31 through Carwow but I found their configuration options difficult to understand through them direct, so I did a config on BMW and then sent this to the dealers that originally responded so we'll see what they say. I don't think this car will be within my budget unless I can get around 22% off too, so we'll see!
Quote:
Quote:

Good luck! No reason why you won't get similar discount depending on this months finance incentives.

I spoke to my dealer on Friday. My car is in the country so fingers crossed I should be able to pick it up towards the end of this week.

I've added black grilles now so can't wait to pick it up!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 05:06 AM   #20
Balster
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d MSport xDrive

Carwow offered me 23.8% discount but the dealer was 200 miles away. My local dealer got very close to this, and the px was better from my local dealer. So car ordered at the end of November last year from my local dealer.

G30 530d M Sport xdrive, Adaptive Drive and with all of the important options.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 05:08 AM   #21
AndrewUK
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 530D xDrive G31Touring M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I had the same issues with the CarWow configurator - I did the best I could with their system, and then when I received the best quote from a BMW dealer I fine tuned the quote with them - they still maintained the same level of discount, even though I added quite a lot of options.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 05:11 AM   #22
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

That's good to know, im struggling with it this morning. I've done the best I can and then also did it via BMW directly and sent them the link to what I think is my correct configuration. Currently the best price I have on my latest build is 18% off so I think I can do better, and will have to for it to fit in my budget or else sacrifice some options!
Appreciate 0