BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Parking Assistance

03-22-2022, 10:33 AM   #23
Mohan09
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears View Post
It's not available on the 530e/i or the 540i. Here's what shows on the 530e in the BMW ordering system
Thanks for this! It certainly helps reduce some of the ambiguity around what is and isn't available across the various models. Good news is that I seem to have all the other options checked Lets just hope that they are all there when the car shows up!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 02:55 PM   #24
SonD
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 545e (Finally :-) )

Slightly different here in the UK - We do not get 'Parking Assistance Professional' but as part of the 'Tech Plus Pack' we have parking Assistant Plus' (description copied below) which is (now) available on the 530E.
I am not sure if exactly the same as in the US, and apologies if this muddies the water somewhat. :-
Parking Assistant Plus makes parking and manoeuvring the vehicle easier. It includes all the features of Parking Assistant plus a Surround View system and Remote 3D View.

The Surround View system offers the camera-based functions Top View, Panorama View and 3D View.

Cameras at the front and in the exterior mirrors provide a 360° view around the vehicle.

Panorama View, front and rear, makes it safer to approach junctions and exits. An additional view on the Control Display shows the situation to the right and left of the vehicle. The displayed positioning lines facilitate positioning the vehicle at the stop line. The function is activated by the Panorama View button.

Automatic activation is possible via the storage of personal locations. The view towards the front or rear depends on which gear is engaged.

Remote 3D View transfers static images from 3D View to mobile terminal devices via the mobile phone network (only in combination with Remote Services). In Surround View, the vehicle and its surroundings can be viewed from any perspective.

Available as a single option and as part of the Technology Plus Pack.

Please note that the system scopes contained in the option code only provide assistance within defined system limits. It remains the responsibility of the respective driver to react to the actual traffic situation.

Temporary restrictions may affect the availability of this product, please check with your BMW Centre for further information.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 07:36 PM   #25
Ratledge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW 430iX GC / G26

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears View Post
It's not available on the 530e/i or the 540i. Here's what shows on the 530e in the BMW ordering system
It really doesn't matter how it shows up in the dealer system. The dealer should be able to force "ZDY" (Driving Assistant Professional) and "ZPK" (Parking Assistant Professional) to the build manually. I think the 5'er is the same price-wise as the 4'er which I am more familiar with: $700 for ZPK and $1700 for ZDY.

There was a short time period a month or two ago when you could get away with adding it after the fact and not pay for it, but those days are gone.

430iX GC Aventurin Red, Tacora Red leather AKA RedBeam, "mit laserlicht", HK stereo, Driver Assistant Pro, Parking Pro, red calipers - on order
1976 530i (E12) Polaris silver AKA "Beemer" (5MT) - retired (BMWCCA member)
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 08:37 PM   #26
Mohan09
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratledge View Post
It really doesn't matter how it shows up in the dealer system. The dealer should be able to force "ZDY" (Driving Assistant Professional) and "ZPK" (Parking Assistant Professional) to the build manually. I think the 5'er is the same price-wise as the 4'er which I am more familiar with: $700 for ZPK and $1700 for ZDY.

There was a short time period a month or two ago when you could get away with adding it after the fact and not pay for it, but those days are gone.
Interesting! I might approach my dealer from this angle and see if they'll be willing to accommodate my request. I wonder what they stand to lose by not attempting something like this for a customer, especially when I'm willing to pay for it; could it be any worse than a slight telling off from Germany?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:53 PM   #27
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratledge View Post

I'm curious how that would work when the ordering system is point and click. There's no way I can see to force something that isn't showing in the system.

There was a time for a few months where you could add the parking assistant to the M340i and there was no charge...but that was clickable in the ordering system
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 0