BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum iDrive, Audio, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics + Coding Lane Assist Not Working Correctly / Not Detecting Road

05-31-2023, 03:25 AM   #1
sdnmedia22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i

Lane Assist Not Working Correctly / Not Detecting Road

Hi all, I have lane assist and adaptive cruise control on my G30. The adaptive cruise control works well without any faults. However, my lane assist never works. No matter how new the road is, the lane is never detected and the car doesn’t steer for me. There is one specific road where the lane assist works, not sure why because the road is exactly the same as others in the area, but other than that it’s not worked anywhere else. Sometimes it detects the road for a second and turns off.

My front and rear bumper may have been resprayed so I’m not sure if this has affected the lane assist at all. Some people have said that there is an update which fixes the lane assist and some people said that it may need calibrating.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I’d love to actually get it working properly.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #2
khile
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G30 540i 2018

Mine suffers from this was really bad when a non genuine windscreen was fitted then when oem was better but still not great.

im thinking a trip to BMW maybe
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 12:29 PM   #3
sdnmedia22
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by khile View Post
Mine suffers from this was really bad when a non genuine windscreen was fitted then when oem was better but still not great.

im thinking a trip to BMW maybe
Ive checked for that, I’ve got a genuine windscreen, I can see the BMW stamp on mine
Appreciate 0