BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions 530d remap bmw connect

07-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
tom8y
Rep
Drives: G30 530d

Unhappy 530d remap bmw connect

I have had a celtic tuning remap on monday. Since having this my bmw app wont communicate with the car and the last gps location date and time was at the remap place.
Also I have no online content in the car. The update function on the idrive is greeted out and my position on navigation is way out.
Do you guys things this is part of the map of where they charged my battery as the said it was low. I've never had trouble with my battery.

The remap place are in touch with the people that create the map. I have got to pop back monday while they try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins.

It's only happened since the remap. May have to have it removed and wonder if that will cure it or not???
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 05:36 PM   #2
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW XM Label

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom8y View Post
I have had a celtic tuning remap on monday. Since having this my bmw app wont communicate with the car and the last gps location date and time was at the remap place.
Also I have no online content in the car. The update function on the idrive is greeted out and my position on navigation is way out.
Do you guys things this is part of the map of where they charged my battery as the said it was low. I've never had trouble with my battery.

The remap place are in touch with the people that create the map. I have got to pop back monday while they try disconnecting the battery for 15 mins.

It's only happened since the remap. May have to have it removed and wonder if that will cure it or not???
Sounds like they updated the wrong version. The maps are all different across the BMW product line and the head unit that's in them. It's imperative that they install the right version. Evo, Premium, etc. The map updates are usually tied to the VIN as well.

Or do you mean tuning the engine? Hope they have a backup of your factory tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 02:50 AM   #3
tom8y
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Sounds like they updated the wrong version. The maps are all different across the BMW product line and the head unit that's in them. It's imperative that they install the right version. Evo, Premium, etc. The map updates are usually tied to the VIN as well.

Yes mate an engine remap. I dont know if it has any relation to the in car entertainment side or not. Is ment to have gone to 330bhp but I cant not have the standard equipment not working if you get me
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 10:45 AM   #4
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Yes mate an engine remap. I dont know if it has any relation to the in car entertainment side or not. Is ment to have gone to 330bhp but I cant not have the standard equipment not working if you get me
Sounds like they effed something up.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 01:30 PM   #5
tom8y
Rep

Quote:
So it turns out disconnecting the battery for 20 mins has bought everything back to life. All working again now. I just domt understand how it happened.
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
VirtualGuitars
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
So it turns out disconnecting the battery for 20 mins has bought everything back to life. All working again now. I just domt understand how it happened.
That's awesome. That sounded like a nightmare!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 10:44 AM   #7
s14onf
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d MSport

Celtic Tuning Remap

Hi,

I noticed you had gone for the Celtic tuning Remap how is it.

I was considering them myself.

Did they give you a Dyno the only one on there website is for a 730d and the torque looks quite high.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 04:13 PM   #8
tom8y
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14onf View Post
Hi,

I noticed you had gone for the Celtic tuning Remap how is it.

I was considering them myself.

Did they give you a Dyno the only one on there website is for a 730d and the torque looks quite high.

Thanks

Yeh I'm well happy. Can feel the power alot more now. Only drive it now and again in eco pro so not really sure if I benefit on the mpg but get more than I had out of my stage 2 focus rs mk3 I previously had.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 09:59 AM   #9
Maticjr
Rep
Drives: 530d xDrive

i remapped my 530d xDrive in Germany and got 330hp
vmax i tested was 296 kmh
Appreciate 0